You can begin working with us to resolve your students’ reading difficulties straight away with our consultation service.
Half- or One-Day Consultation
We will meet with you face-to-face or by video link, and work with you to:
• Review your systems for collecting and analysing literacy data
• Review the effectiveness of your support systems
• Review the impact of your teaching and interventions on reading
• Develop an accurate profile of your school’s literacy needs.
You can begin to develop comprehensive systems to ensure all students with reading problems are identified through our Assessment training.
Two Day Training: Assessment Principles and Practices
• Establish effective screening systems, so that you can identify whether reading
• Interpret and analyse test data
• Use diagnostic tests to make teaching decisions
• Carry out close assessment of individual students’ reading skills.
Four Day Training: Effective Intervention
In this four-day programme on implementing Thinking Reading, we will:
• Train you over two days to deliver the Thinking Reading lesson plan
• Provide a day of observation, coaching and feedback
• Enhance your training with a day of advanced problem-solving.
After the six days of training above, we will work with your school to:
• Monitor student progress and to highlight potential problems
• Identify and resolve individual students’ learning problems
• Develop the leadership skills in reading and literacy
• Train up to two new staff in the event of staff movement (at regional training).
Schools have a moral obligation to ensure that every student can read well.
Our mission is to equip schools to meet that obligation.